[Changelogs] 0.0.2 - The safe area
Update 0.0.2 - The safe area
New feature: Map limits
Added a full implementation of the safe area, called "Map limits". This area is a square, you take damage outside of it. In the editor, the magic occurs in the new tab "Map limits" of the Game Mode element type. In this tab, you can edit a list of "anchors" based on time, to setup shrinking and grow damage over time.
There is two possible modes of shrinking:
- Random shrinking, the area will shrink to a random area inside the bigger (previous) area.
- Normal shrinking, the area will always shrink to its center.
Vanilla content pack changes
- "Team survival" Game mode:
- Uses the new map limits system, making it a fully playable "last team standing" game mode.
- Now uses the remaining team end condition set to 1, so the game will end when one team is remaining.
- The game mode "Cooperative survival" has been renamed to "Cooperative / solo survival" for clarity.
- In the English translation, the wood item is now correctly named "Wood", and not "Bois" which is the French name.
- The "ContentPack editor" button of the main menu has been removed, because it is more stable and clearer to run it from its dedicated executable.
- Enhanced the end of game behavior:
- The server setup a new lobby and bring to it all players, no more need to restart the server & the game between each party!
- In solo, pressing OK to the end of game popup bring back to the main menu.
- The solo lobby now check if the selected game mode is playable in solo, and shows an error if not.
- Fixed a major bug which makes the game crash in multiplayer when a far player send a chat message.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.